Do you want to order your repeat prescriptions or book your next appointment online, at home or work?
Manage your appointments on the move and download our Free Patient Access App to your mobile phone.
Visit the practice and fill out an application form, if accepted you will then receive a letter allowing you to register online.
EMIS Patient Access Terms and Conditions for Rothes Medical Practice
- To apply for on-line access to the Practice’s appointment booking system, and repeat prescribing, patients must complete the declaration below and return this form to the Practice Manager.
- Applications are “one per patient”. Acceptance of one member of a family does not imply acceptance of other/further family members.
- Applications for on-line access will not be considered for patients who are under the age of 16.
- Where access is granted, registration details (PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI No) will only be released direct to the patient and not to a parent (in relation to patients 16 – 18 years) or other third party. Where a parent or other person requires access to the system to book an appointment or deal with the affairs of the minor, it is acceptable for the minor to provide the password to the third party. The practice will not provide access detail directly.
- Where access is refused this will be in writing. A reason will only be given at the discretion of the Partners.
- If booking appointments on-line, remember to choose whether appointment is for Pitteuchar or Thornton. Access is for routine appointments only not urgent. There is no need to add a reason for your appointment.
- Patients with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments without cancelling will not normally be granted access to on-line appointment booking.
- On-line appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined that it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the on-line system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental to the availability of the appointment system a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice, at the discretion of the Partners.
- Approved access requests will be notified along with access instructions and a copy of these Terms and Conditions.
- Requests for re-issue of access log-in details will be via email or in person.
- The freetext box within Repeat Prescribing should only be used for messages, ie, if requesting double if going on holiday. This box is NOT to be used for requests of other medication that is not on your repeat prescription list. Items not on list must be requested in person at the surgery or by post.
- The status of repeat requests should be checked online before collecting any medications from the Pharmacy.
- Messages within Repeat Prescribing should be checked, after requesting medications, to confirm that they have been prescribed.
- Ignore the option to update email and tel number on-line as this is not active to enable feedback currently in Scotland.